Compare Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Pro includes all the functionality of Windows 10 Home plus additional business and security features. Windows 10 Pro comes with Group Policy Management, the ability to join a Domain, Bitlocker, Remote Desktop, and Microsoft Passport. An ideal choice If you are running a small to medium sized business or if you are looking for advanced security.
Windows 10 Home and Pro are finally here and they are full of great features. Windows 10 Home includes a return of the Start Menu, Cortana, Battery Saver Mode, Device Encryption, Virtualization, Microsoft Edge, and much more. A great choice for your PC at home.
Please note that if you have Windows Vista or Windows XP installed you will need to do a CLEAN INSTALL before upgrading to Windows 10.
The most security protection, built-in
Windows 10 Pro brings essential business security features to protect your devices and infrastructure from modern threats.
Get more done.
An intuitive user experience, with built-in tools such as inking, tablet mode, and touchscreen.
OneDrive lets you keep all your information in the cloud so you can access it easily on any Windows 10 device.
It possesses simple and flexible management, for Windows 10 Professional is user-friendly and flexible: connect to business resources with Azure Active Directory. Windows 10 Pro brings the best features of Windows 7 and Windows 8 together. The Start menu is back and combined with live tiles to keep you up to date. Windows 10 features brand new apps like Mail, Photos, Maps, Groove, Movies & TV.
Why should you switch:
- New Browser. This browser runs at a much faster speed than the old ones. It is much more energy efficient, and features better compatibility than browsers like Firefox and Chrome.
- Xbox App. Gamers are going to love this feature and are going to need it. Not on can you manage your Xbox friends and achievements, but also stream games from your console to your PC and visa versa. It also gives you the ability to play multiplayer games with other Xbox players on your PC.
- Speed. Overall improved speed including during start up. Another speed boost, aimed at the gamers of the world, comes from the DirectX 12 (the new 3D engine) that takes gaming to a new level of speed and experience.
- Start Menu. Yes, the start menu is back and better than ever. The new tile based layout makes touchscreen access much easier. It also maintains up to the minute updates on app tiles like Twitter and Facebook, so you’re always s click away from connected.
- Cortana. This feature like the talking brain of the system. It doesn’t just answer voice commands, it also keeps track of things like favorite sports team scores and weather.
The above features are awesome but some are still wondering, “Why should I switch?”. What could be so much better about Windows 10 Home than the Windows I am using now? PC magazine listed some awesome reasons why you should switch. These are just a few of those reasons.
|1 GHz processor or faster
|1 GB RAM for 32-bit; 2 GB for 64-bit
|Required Hard Disk Space
|Up to 20 GB available hard disk space
|Required video card
|800 x 600 screen resolution or higher. DirectX® 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
|Internet access (fees may apply)
|Other system requirements
|Microsoft account required for some features. Watching DVDs requires separate playback software.